Monday, February 23

Win your copy of the Earth Child books here!

We recently reviewed An Earth Child's Book of the Year by Marian Louise Camden.  It was colorful, entertaining, informative, and downright fun to look at.  We loved it all over the place!

The author has graciously sent us autographed copies of both books in the Earth Child series, 'An Earth Child's Book of the Year' and 'An Earth Child's Book of Verse', to be give away in ITHOMS's very first giveaway!!!!


We are tickled pink and have been pouring over the contents of these children's books.  The intricate illustrations, the powerful writing... they have been a delight.

Doodle Bug has selected his favorite poem from 'An Earth Child's Book of Verse' to read aloud during our family's Ostara Rite this spring.


If you are stumbling over what to put in your children's Ostara baskets, you can't go wrong with a good Pagan children's book like these.  That and candy, of course.  The March Hare is well known for his sweet tooth.  

Straight-forward Pagan books for children are rare gems and often quickly sell out or go out of print within a few seasons.  If you are serious about raising your children as Pagans, or with the open and nature friendly mindset that Paganism affords, I urge you to snatch up whatever books you can find and cherish them. 



If you would like a set of M.L. Camden's books to share with your children, you have until midnight on March 9th of this year to enter.  The winner will be contacted on Tuesday, March 10th so that we can get these terrific books mailed out to you in time for the Spring Equinox.

To be clear, the prize consists of: one (1) autographed copy of 'An Earth Child's Book of Verse' and one (1) autographed copy of 'An Earth Child's Book of the Year'.

You have several chances to enter.  Try as many as you like!

UPDATE:  A few folks have mentioned that they can't seem to enter.  To clarify, the first requirement is to write a comment at the bottom of this post, telling us why you'd like to have these books in your home.  After you do that, four more options for entry will open: [1] Leave a comment on our Facebook page telling us how you celebrate Ostara in your home (there is a pinned question near the top of the page); [2] Follow us on Twitter (this account was personalized in 2016); [3] Share our contest on your Twitter feed; [4] Visit us on Instagram

a Rafflecopter giveaway

21 comments:

  1. How wonderful - I do hope South Africans are able to enter this too!
    Thank you so much for the opportunity!!
    We dont get books for our little ones like these around these parts!!!
    so hold thumbs for me!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can mail it, you can surly enter. It is exciting to see people from so far away!

      Delete
  2. (sorry if this posts twice looks like it ate my first comment).
    I'd love to win this we have almost no Pagan Children's books. Right now my daughter eagerly awaits the Pooka Pages each month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would be fantastic for my little one. We are inundated by Christianity everywhere we go, living in the Bible belt. Having books like this to build her budding Pagan library would be just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With two littles in the house, these books would be a great resource! I'm planning to enter every chance I get!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm slowly building up a Pagan Kids Library for my children. It's not always easy to find positive Pagan or Witch themed books for kids of any age. Books are wonderful resources, especially for children. If they see books about Pagans or Witches in a positive light then the idea won't seem so different or bad, and i think it'll be easier to teach them about their world, about nature, and faith. Especially since momma ain't always the best explainer of things; I tend to forget that I'm talking to children, and that I need to teach in a manner that they can comprehend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right that keeping Pagan children's books on hand will help to normalize the lifestyle for your kids. In the same manner that story books that show vegetarian living, homeschooling, or breastfeeding help children to feel like less of an outcast if those are present in their home.

      The Earth Child books are very child friendly. The characters color and pick apples and have sleep-overs, things that I think most children can relate to. Good luck on the contest!

      Delete
  6. These look like a fabulous addition to anyone's collection. Good luck to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm delighted that you are all excited about welcoming the Earth Children into your families! I hope they bring bright blessings to every home. Remember, even if you don't win the contest, you can still order copies for yourself. See earthchildbooks.com or get them directly from CreateSpace on Amazon.

    Thanks again, Mama Stacey, for sharing my "children" with your friends and followers. Happy Ostara, Everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful opportunity! I homeschool my four children and would incorporate this in to their schedule. Blessed be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amber, the monthly moon stories would be perfect for homeschooling! The Earth Child website has lots of information that I can't wait to work into our homeschooling as well. Be sure and check it out. www.earthchildbooks.com

      Delete
  9. I think my comment disappeared! lol! Oh well, would love to have these books to enrich our knowledge. Thanks for the opportunity, and good luck everyone!!! Okay, whatever I'm doing wrong it will only let me publish as anonymous soooo, I'm Kathleen Austin ~ funkywolfcafe@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry that the interweb Gods were being such tricksters. It happens to me too, and you'd think that they'd be nice to me for feeding them! LOL

      Delete
  10. Times have been really hard on my family lately between finances and family and friends crossing the veil. I'm hoping if we were to win it would help direct my children back to happier times and a more positive outlook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praying for happier times for you and your family. Love heals, but needs time to work, like all healing does. Good luck in the drawing!

      Delete
  11. Humm, I think it didn't like what I wrote so sorry if I did this twice. But as I said I know we are always on the look out for good pagan children's books and we would love to have these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly, you aren't alone in your frustrations. Apparently, my blog is picky LOL. If you aren't our lucky winner, I urge you to check out the Earth Child Books website for lots of free information and to pick up your own copies. We love ours! My son is reading a poem from the Verse book at our Ostara ceremony this year.

      Delete
  12. This would be so lovely for my daughters Ostara basket. Books for pagan kids are few and far between here in the south.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yarrow, keep your eyes peeled and keep up the good fight. Amazon can always be your friend if the local stores aren't helpful. Good luck in the drawing!

      Delete
  13. My oldest witchling is in kindergarten and is required to read books every week for homework. This month I've decided to start reading him some pagan books for his homework and he is loving it, but we need more books.

    ReplyDelete